Mehrangarh Fort of Jodhpur is one of the largest and most popular forts in India. The fort is located at the centre of the city and appears to command Jodhpur. Every visit to Mehrangarh is as exciting as before.
1. You will love to do the Flying Fox, it’s very exciting experience.
2. Its architecture is fascinating and contains the work of artists of over 500 centuries.
3. It contains two ancient temples of Jodhpur.
4. It contains painting of Marwari style of Rajasthan.
5. You will see every part of Jodhpur culture in the articles displayed.
6. The museum houses an outstanding collection of fine and applied arts from the Mughal period of Indian history.
7. Here is the chance for photographers to capture stunning views of whole Jodhpur from one place.
8. At the gate you will be welcomed by musicians playing folk song.
9. You will get tourist friendly facilities like audio guides, a lift to the top.
Umaid Bhawan Palace
Umaid Bhawan Palace is one of the world’s largest private residences. Taj Hotels manage a part of the palace.
It was named after Maharaja Umaid Singh, grandfather of the present Maharaja Gaj Singh II, this monument has 347 rooms and serves as the principal residence of the Jodhpur royal family.
A part of the palace has now been converted into a hotel and a museum.
1. It has museum which focuses on the 20th century history of the Jodhpur. The opening hours of this museum are 9 am to 5 pm.
2. It is a luxury hotel.
3. Outside the museum is a vintage car collection which is worth viewing.
4. Palace hosts a whole lot of birds, so some nice photographs could be taken.
Jaswant Thada lies to the left of the Mehrangarh fort complex. It is a royal memorial made up of white marble and wonderful architecture piece of art.
1. It has wonderful architecture, some stones are extremely thin and polished such that they emit a warm glow when the sun’s rays dance across their surface.
2. Some rare portraits of the former rulers of Jodhpur are displayed in Jaswant Thada.
3. The lawn in the garden is neat and clean with a nice fountains and flowers. You can chill and relax here freely.
Balsamand Lake and Garden
This lake is a popular picnic spot of Jodhpur. It was built in 1159 AD by Balak Rao Parihar. It was constructed as a water reservoir to provide water to Mandore, the then capital of Jodhpur.
The Balsamand Lake is surrounded by green gardens and has trees like mango, papaya, pomegranate, guava and plum. This place is home for animals and birds like the jackal and peacock.
1. This place is perfect for natural beauty lovers and morning walk is refreshing here.
2. Peacocks can be seen dancing in rainy season.
3. Here is opportunity for photographers to capture natural scenes.
4. It contains swimming pool for you to swim.
5. Only people who stays in the hotel has access to all these.
It is an artificial lake. It receives its water from Hathi Nehar (English: Elephant Canal), which is further connected to the Indira Gandhi canal.
The natural vegetation here mostly consists of Babool trees (English: Acacia Nilotic), and various migratory birds such as Siberian cranes are seen here in the winter season.
The city of Jodhpur and all the surrounding towns and villages depend on Kaylana Lake as a source of drinking water.
1. Boating experience in the Kaylana Lake is incredible.
2. If you are a natural beauty lover, then this place is made for you.
3. You can swim if you would like to.
4. In rainy season this place seems like heaven.
5. Restaurants near Kaylana Lake make it enjoy more freely.
6. Foreign birds in winters make it very beautiful place to visit.
7. Machiya Safari Park is developing which will add more natural scenes to it.
Ghanta Ghar also known as the clock tower.
Beside the tower, there in the Sardar Market that is trusted by tourists for shopping.
From this market, you can purchase Rajasthani textiles, clay articles, miniature camels and elephants, marble inlay work and classic silver and gold jewelry.
1. Market place for traditional Jodhpur Articles and Jewelry.
2. Tasty food stores around it.
3. It is the best market for shopping in Jodhpur and reminds of the old times.
Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park
Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park was created in 2006 and is situated next to Mehrangarh Fort.
There are plants in this park that are adapted to growing in arid, rocky areas of the Thar Desert.
Rao Jodha Park is open throughout the year from 9 AM to 5:15 PM every day.
Entry Fees for Adults: ₹ 50, Students ₹ 10, Guided Walks ₹ 100 and entry for children aged 15 and below is FREE.
1. It is different from every other park of Jodhpur because of the fact that it is a type of Rock and Desert Park.
2. A large variety of Plants and Trees.
3. It is a place to take photographs of natural beauty.
4. It’s an excellent way to learn about the geology, geography, flora & fauna of the region. Just take a high value guide for ₹ 100 and he will answer your every question and show you the uses of the plants in food and medicines.
This temple is well known in India. People from all over India come walking to the temple in Bhadwa Beej (A specific date in Indian Calender that is different in every year in English calendar but exact in Indian Calender).
It is a well-known fact that after visiting Baba Ramdev Temple of Jodhpur if you visit Baba Ramdev Temple in Ramdevra, Jaisalmer; your every wish is fulfilled.
Handicapped people, poor people promises Baba Ramdev certain numbers of repeated walk visits and after those their wishes come true.
1. It is a great temple situated at Masuria Hills.
2. You can sit here with peace of mind and you become worriless there.
3. There is a sacred Kund (in Ramdevra, Jaisalmer) where all devotees take a bath to fulfill all their wishes and whenever you take a bath in this sacred pond your skin diseases get away from your body.
The Mandore gardens has charming collection of temples and memorials and it’s on high rock terraces.
The gardens house the Chhatris (cenotaphs) of many rulers of the state of Marwar.
The Mandore Gardens also house a government museum, a ‘Hall of Heroes’ and ‘the temple to 33 crore Hindu Gods’ (The temple of 330 million Hindu Gods).
1. "Hall of Heroes" contains stories of brave men of Jodhpur
2. There is a temple of 330 million Hindu Gods, so you get to know the Hindu system.
Shri Ganesh Temple
It’s an ancient temple located at the Sandstone Hill. Its local name is Pahadi Ganesh Mandir. Lord Ganesh is worshipped by all the localites and visiting the temple on Wednesday is considered holy.
1. It’s located at uphill at Ratanada.
2. Upside view is really nice and you can capture the whole view of Jodhpur here.
3. It’s a refreshing temple.
4. You can take the vehicle up and there is a lot of parking space.